The U.S. is full of great stops for the RV rental road tripper. If you’re curious about where to go, a great place to start is the east coast. The east coast spans many, many miles, and the landscape differs greatly.
If you’re looking for unique places to visit in your RV rental as you road trip, you could consider traveling from north to south or south to north along the east coast. From Maine to Florida, there are several fascinating stops for the curious traveler.
The following campervan stops are just a few of the top places you must visit as you road trip along the United States east coast:
- Annapolis, Maryland-A place that is rich in history and where you’ll find some of the oldest buildings in the country, Annapolis is interesting to visit in more ways than one. If you love old architecture, you’ll certainly be amazed. You’ll also enjoy Annapolis if you love the water. As a waterfront city, you can enjoy strolls along the water or sail on the water in what is considered to be the “Sailing Capital of the World.” This charming city won’t disappoint.
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts-Yet another charming place along the east coast, there is a reason why many people visit Cape Cod for their time off. From many unique different towns to visit in the area to the beauty that abounds in the area, it’s the perfect spot for some relaxation and fun. From sanctuaries to national parks and beachfront cottages to stay at, there are many reasons why anyone would want to spend time in Cape Cod. If you’re traveling in an RV, you’ll find some gorgeous campgrounds with quick access to the beach.
- Nantucket, Massachusetts-Rich and famous New Yorkers find Nantucket to be the escape that they need from big city life—with good reason. First of all, it’s a great place to go for shopping for unique souvenirs that you wouldn’t find anywhere else. Second of all, if you love seafood paired with delicious wines, you’ll have your pick of idyllic restaurants. If you love sailing, it’s yet another great destinations for “sailors.”
- Acadia National Park, Maine-The east coast is full of unique landscapes and Acadia National Park is a gorgeous place that you’ll want to see while in the area. Covering islands and part of the mainland, Acadia National Park is a beautiful destination for anyone who loves nature. From the lakes to the shoreline, mountains, and colorful forests, you can enjoy anything from biking to hiking in this incredible nature wonderland.
- New York City, New York-If you’re more of a big-city kind of person, then head on over to New York City. If you’re going to be in the east coast already, you’ll want to see what the Big Apple is all about, if you haven’t already. New York City is full of so many stimulating experiences. From the shows to the nightlife, the parks, and the people, you’ll be entertained during your stay in NYC.
- Oak Island, North Carolina-A little island off of the coast of North Carolina, Oak Island is a favorite spot for locals and visitors alike. Oak Island has pristine beaches, so the beach lover will have a fabulous time here. You can enjoy anything from boating to kayaking, plus you’ll be able to find a place to stay along the beachfront, so you can wake up with ocean views.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina-If you want a beach destination where the kids can have a great time, Myrtle Beach is a very popular destination for families. There are a lot of things to do with your kids, such as visiting amusement parks and museums, as well as beach fun to be had.
- Savannah, Georgia-Savannah is certainly one of the most historical cities in Georgia and also one of the most-visited (other than Atlanta, of course). With it’s old mansions, beautiful trees and greenery, and historical sites to visit, it’s anything but boring. Also located along the coast, you can enjoy some beach fun near Savannah, as well.
- Key West, Florida-Key West is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful locations in Florida and in the nation. With crystalline waters to explore, gorgeous white sand beaches to relax on, and plenty of fishing and water activities to be done, this is the paradise that you’ve been looking for. Whether you’re starting your adventure here or finishing it, it’s the perfect location for celebrating your trip.
As you can see, there are plenty of great spots to visit as you road trip along the east coast in the U.S. From beach fun to beautiful historical places, there is plenty to see and do as you road trip this gorgeous area of the U.S, so pack up your RV rental and see what the east coast is all about.